The babies are all doing wonderfully, growing and kicking up a storm. It took a lot of work during my non stress test (NST) today to get all their little heartbeats because they were turning in sumersaults! That poor nurse! For those of you not familiar with a NST, they place a ultrasound (?) pod on my belly over each baby's heart and it records their heart rate. One machine only has two pods, so for the three babies plus a pod to measure my contractions we need two machines :) Everyone passed, but we couldn't monitor my contractions because the nurse (and the doctor for about 20 minutes) had to hold pods carefully in place to keep the heartbeats on the monitor. The test usually takes an hour for me, 20-30 minutes for a 'normal' pregnancy, but today was closer to 90 minutes.
After my NST, I went to the injection room and had my first steriod injection to help the babies' lungs develop more quickly. This is given anytime the doctor thinks the baby may be born before 35 weeks. Since that's our goal, there's a good chance these girls will come before then. I have one more tomorrow and then that is done. The only bad thing about the shot is that it can increase your blood sugar levels so I have to test my blood sugar a few times a day now. Of course, the first test I did tonight was high so I had to call the doctor to see what to do. Naturally, this isn't my doctor so he tells me I'll be fine tonight and to call my doctor tomorrow to come up with a plan on what to do over the weekend since it will likely continue to go up for a few days. Oh, boy! I think the worst case scenario would be insulin shots, probably will just have to watch what I eat for the next few days/weeks.
Other than that, things are going pretty well. I'm not on doctor ordered bedrest, but am kinda putting myself on some sort of bedrest since every time I stand up I have a contraction. I guess that's normal when you're uterus is stretched to the size of a house :)
Dan took some pictures of the nurseries (yes, plural) so here's a sneak peek:

Hey Brenda!
ReplyDeleteI love the nurseries! I am so glad you made it this far. Try to watch what you eat high blood sugar sucks. I have 2 more big bags of 18 month-2t clothing if you want it.
Can't wait to meet your girls!! I love that you have a blog up! Too fun! =o)
ReplyDeleteI made my way to your blog from facebook. I'm not sure you remember me, but I am the mom of one-year-old triplets that you and your husband met in Baby'sRUS (with my husband and our kids). Anyway...CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so happy for you and Dan. What a blessing and a ton of fun. It is great to hear that all of your girls are healthy. The two of you have so much joy ahead...and definately a lot of side ways glances. You will meet many curious folks. Enjoy every second!!! Jacquie
ReplyDelete