Today is my official 40 week due date with the girls. They are now 7 1/2 weeks old and all are doing well. I couldn't imagine still being pregnant! Avery has been home for 3 weeks and sleeps 4-5 hours at a time. She's starting to have awake times during the day where she can look around and play in her swing and on her play mat. She also likes taking walks in the front pack and weighs just over 6 pounds now. Brelynn came home on Monday, 8/17. It has been fun having two girls home and I've been able to manage them by myself for the most part. The only hard time is if they both wake up and want to eat at the same time (or when I'm busy pumping). I figured out a way to feed them at the same time using a boppy pillow and putting them back to back facing outward. I need to get a picture of it, but when I'm feeding two at once there's no way I can get a picture unless someone else is here to take it (and then why would I need to feed two at once???). Brelynn sleeps for 3-4 hours at a time, just not always the same time that Avery does. Last night I was up from 12:30-4 and then again at 6 so it was the roughest night yet. I managed to get about 4 hours of sleep total with 2 hours as the longest stretch...think I'll need a nap this afternoon. Camille is making great progress. She's still in the NICU, but off oxygen and very stable. She just needs to eat more and then she can come home. She got to go on a field trip to Children's Hospital on Tuesday this week for a swallowing study. We found out that as she gets tired, the milk starts to go toward her lungs (for you SLPs, she didn't aspirate when I paced her but she had very deep penetration with thin liquids). We were able to thicken the milk a little bit (nectar thick using Simply Thick) and she did beautifully. Hopefully she'll start taking full feedings now that she is swallowing safely and then she can come home.
 |
| Brelynn on L, Avery on R |
 |
| Brelynn coming home |
Yay for updates! =o) Glad to hear that the girls are doing well at home and that Camille will be able to come home soon!! LOVE the picture of the girls on the play mat, too cute! I love Avery's face in the second picture, it looks like she's having a blast! Will be prayin' for you and that their sleep patterns will start to become the same.
ReplyDelete