Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

4.29.10 ~ 10 months

Another month down. We went on a hike to Heybrook Lookout near Index last weekend and we're starting to take the girls on more outings. We're almost out of our 'quarantine' as illnesses in the community continues to decline. Our favorite 'date' right now is to go to Starbuck's and feed the girls breakfast while we enjoy our coffee. There's also a new coffee shop near our house that we can walk to and enjoy breakfast. As the weather has been getting nicer the girls have spent more time in the yard. I'm happy to say that Avery is no longer afraid of grass :)  We've even had a few friends over for mini play dates. With our increased socializing, we did get our first colds this month. All the girls got runny noses for about 2 weeks, were healthy for a week, and have a second round of runny noses again. They were nice enough to share with Mom and Dad, too. They've been pretty good through all of it, but we had to suck out their noses all the time and they didn't care so much for that.

Milestones:
~sitting: everyone sits now, yay! Camille is even able to get herself from her tummy into a sitting position (at least once on 4/25).
~crawling: not yet, but Camille's close
~talking: Avery signs 'all done' and 'up' and is learning 'eat'. Brelynn signs 'all done' and 'up' sometimes. Camille is content doing what she's doing, but I think I saw an 'all done' sign the other day :)  They all babble and say 'dada', 'mama', 'nana', and 'gaga' but I don't think they know what they mean yet.
~socializing: everyone is smiling and laughing all the time. Brelynn will clap her hands for pat-a-cake, Avery still loves peek-a-boo. The girls like to play with each other, which looks more like stealing toys, poking eyes, and pulling hair. There have been many times where I'll be doing something in one room and I can hear them start laughing at each other in another room. Very cute. Of course when I get the video camera they all stop. Oh, and the're starting to waive 'hi' now, too.
~eating: everyone feeds themselves finger foods. They love anything they can feed themself. Current snacks are banana, pears, peaches, peas, crackers, cheerios, and sweet potatoes.  With their newfound self-feeding ability, their willingness to eat off a spoon is rapidly declining (causing mom a lot of stress). I haven't let them use a spoon themselves yet because I'm afraid of the mess they'll make. And if you've seen my house you know that I'm no stranger to a mess...they're really messy!
~teething: still only 4 teeth, two for Avery and two for Brelynn but many more are coming for all of them. 
~growth: we had a 10 month doctor's appointment for our final dose of Synagis (immunization against RSV) on 4/27 and the girls stats were (for 10 month olds):
     Avery: 16 lbs, 2 oz (4%ile), 27" (15%ile)
     Brelynn: 18 lbs, 1 oz (25%ile), 28" (50%ile)
     Camille: 14 lbs, 10 oz (<3%ile), 26.5" (9%ile)

and your reward for reading all of this...a picture from Haybrook Lookout :)

4 comments:

  1. You amaze me! Sounds like you guys have a great routine. The girls are getting so big so fast! LOVE the family picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? They can't be 10 months old already. Wow! I love that pic of you guys. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like an amazing family! Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda & Dan,
    I am so enjoying the postings that you make so I can follow the girls' progress. Keep up the good work! Love the pictures.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete