Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 29, 2010

5.29.10 ~ 11 months (no pictures)

We enjoyed the nice weather a few weeks ago and were able to get out a little more. During the week (when it's not raining) the girls and I will walk around the lake, get a coffee treat for me, or go to a nearby restaurant to get take out for dinner.  We did the March of Dimes walk on 5/16 in Downtown Seattle and then Dan got some fun photos of the girls at EMP.  We also had my first Mother's Day this month.  The girls were really good and Dan let me sleep in.  He also made a wonderful dinner and got me a beautiful personalized necklace (sorry no picture...Dan's sick again and I don't want to figure out his camera tonight). As hard as these pasts 11 months have been, I love being a mom more than anything!

Here's what the girls have been up to this month:
~crawling: Camille finally started crawling (5/6/10)! She's getting pretty fast, too. We've been busy baby-proofing and have to watch her like a hawk now.  Avery is just beginning to crawl (5/25/10) and is really proud of herself when she goes forward. She has been known to stop and clap her hands :) Brelynn is quite the sitter and still really doesn't like being on her tummy. She'll crawl if I help her to get up on her knees and move her legs forward, but that doesn't last long before she rolls over again.
~walking: Camille can pull herself up to a standing position (5/16/10) and get herself into a sitting position all on her own. Once she's up in standing, she'll hold on to furniture and cruise if we help her to balance. Camille even let go and stood in the middle of the room yesterday, or so we thought. Come to find out she was actually leaning up against the couch but she was standing on her own. All of the girls will walk holding on to our hands.
~talking: all the girls imitate sounds and say 'mama' and 'dada' (and maybe even know what they're saying!).  They all now sign 'all done' and we're working on a few other signs. We've heard things that sound like 'all done', 'ball', 'night night', and 'duck' but we're not convinced they know what they were saying. We did hear a true first word from Avery on 5/22/10...she said as clear as day, "banana".  We were eating breakfast and I had said it a dozen times and she imitated it clearly with the same intonation I was using. Dan was doing dishes and he turned and said, "did she just say that?".  They are also showing us great comprehension. I can ask Avery "where's daddy/mommy/ball/duck?" and she'll look at the item. I can say 'do pat-a-cake' and they'll all start clapping their hands. If I start singing row, row, row your boat they'll start playing along without me showing them what to do. Brelynn will give us a High 5 and then she'll give herself one, too. I need to get that on video. They're also starting to waive 'hi'.
~social: Avery and Brelynn will initiate peek-a-boo and all three girls will clap their hands for pat-a-cake.  I can have them sitting facing each other and sing row, row, row your boat and they will rock forward and backward with each other like the boat is rocking. It is quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen!  Something that isn't so cute is the separation anxiety we're seeing here.  If we leave the room someone is bound to start screaming. Sometimes it stops quickly and other times it will continue until we go save them.
~eating: the girls now feed themselves most finger foods and greatly prefer real food to purees.  I haven't let them try with the spoon by themselves yet, but I think they'd do well with it.  They can drink from a straw on their own and a sippy cup if I tip the cup for them. We are even seeing some signs that they may actually hold their own bottles someday, too.  Since Camille didn't gain much weight last month they are all now on a very high calorie diet (aiming for 1000 calories per day per baby) and seem to be gaining weight pretty quickly on this new 'diet'.  They love keilbasa sausages, ravioli, macaroni noodles, animal crackers, bananas, pancakes, peaches, string cheese, and black beans. Oh, and they get butter and heavy whipping cream in just about anything I can get it in. 
~teething: Camille finally got a tooth to poke through today and her second tooth will probably be in tomorrow. Brelynn's working on her first top tooth, but otherwise everyone just has the two bottom ones for now.
~growth: The girls have been growing well this month so I'm not sure if it's all the butter and cream or if there was a scale issue last month with Camille. We saw the nutritionist 5/21 and the girls stats were (for 9 month olds):
     Avery: 16lbs, 13oz (25%ile), 27.25" (50%ile)
     Brelynn: 18lbs, 8oz (50-75%ile),28" (75%ile)
     Camille: 15 lbs, 9oz (10%ile), 26.5" (25%ile)

Thanks for reading my 'online baby book' since I'm too lazy to actually put all this in their baby books each month. I hope computers stay around for awhile so I can get all the info transferred someday!  I'll try to post some pictures again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment