What? Potty training already? The girls are only 16 months old!!! No, we aren't officially potty training yet, but the girls are starting to ask to have their diapers changed throughout the day and are becoming more aware of their need to go potty. So, I got the crazy idea to pull out a little potty chair on Friday. They took turns sitting on the potty and playing with toys while I read books about using a potty. They were a little timid at first (okay, Camille was downright scared of the thing), but I tried to make it fun and they get a mini marshmallow for just sitting on it. I take them up to use it once a day right now just to get them used to the idea of this pink chair and to teach the vocabulary of going potty. I'm not expecting much at this point except that they sit and then we wash hands. If they sit and wash hands then they get a marshmallow.
Well, wouldn't you know it on Saturday (just the second day of sitting on the potty) Avery decided to pee in the potty! I know it's a total coincidence and she didn't know what she was doing, but she was pretty excited at my reaction. Plus, if they pee in the potty they get TWO marshmallows. Sunday they all sat. Then Monday Brelynn peed in the potty. Yay! We are a long way from being out of diapers, but this lets me know that they may be a little more ready to get started than I thought. Now, how to potty train three at once? Three chairs and have them all sit at once or one after the other? For now we're going one at a time. I can't keep them on the potty and entertained if there's more than one. But as they get better at this, we may go gang busters and do all three at once. Pray for us!

No comments:
Post a Comment