Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 16, 2010

12.16.10 ~ Updates

We are doing really well this month. The girls love the Christmas tree and lights and will ask to have them turned on if I forget to do it in the morning. Our routine is becoming established and the girls are gaining independence which is both a blessing and a curse! They can navigate the stairs fairly well although we still stay close when they go down the stairs to make sure they don't get distracted and fall. Binkies are gone and the girls are all still sleeping through the night. Yay! They do occasionally wake up at night but put themselves right back to sleep. We are so fortunate to have such great sleepers again. They typically go to bed around 6:30pm and wake up at 8:30am and they take at least one nap during the day. The second nap is a 'quiet' time where they have to be in their cribs, but I've started giving them toys and leaving the lights on since they haven't been napping during this time for a few weeks now. Practice potty training is going well and the girls are starting to ask to go potty and then actually going when we get in there which is new. They used to ask to go potty and then ask for a marshmallow right away or just ask to go after one of their sisters went. I think they are starting to understand how this works. The last two days have been exceptionally good potty days and Brelynn has asked three times and had success each time (with our first poop yesterday!). They may be ready for this sooner than I thought. That's what's new with us. I hope everyone else is having a good month so far and Merry Christmas if I don't post before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment