So, it's been awhile since our last post. Here's why... On Monday, 6/29 I went in for a routine doctor's appt to check on the girls. Here's a breakdown of the day's events:
11:00-12:30 non stress test. Baby A and Baby C were laying on top of each other so the ultrasound couldn't pick up their different heart beats. After about 90 minutes of trying, I was sent down to the radiology department to get a better view.
12:30-1:30 wait for radiology to get me in
1:30-3:00 finally get in to ultrasound. it was hard to see the details we needed since the babies are getting crowded in there. The tech took some measurements to compare to our last ultrasound. Turns out that Baby C didn't grow in the last two weeks. Time to be a little concerned.
3:00 wait to see my OB again to see what to do about Baby C's lack of growth.
4:00 ate a cookie and drank some water (this is significant)
4:30 OB able to finally get ultrasound results and compare to two weeks ago. Baby C really didn't grow much. Decision time. My OB called my perinatologist at the UW to see what we should do.
4:45 OB came back and told me we're having a birthday party that night. Since I ate a cookie, we need to wait for the c-section until 10 or 11 at night.
5:30-10:00 admitted to Overlake, met nurses, signed consent forms, got prepped for surgery, waited around. A whole team is starting to arrive, including Dr. Waller from the UW (yippee!). Dan, both sets of grandparents, and Chelsea also arrive. Dan gets dressed up in a big white jumpsuit so he can come in the OR with me.
10:05 the anesthesiologist starts my spinal. I'm numb from the chest down. I get a catheter placed. The big blue sterile drape is placed and I can't see anything anymore. Surgery starts.
10:26 Baby Avery is born weighing 3 pounds, 5 ounces. She's 16 inches long. Cries immediately. The nurses bring her by me before taking her to the nursery to be cleaned up and stabilized.
| Avery Hope |
10:28 Baby Brelynn is born weighing 3 pounds, 14 ounces. She's 16 3/4 inches long. Cries immediately. I get to see her for a quick peek before she heads off to the nursery, too.
| Brelynn Grace |
10:29 Baby Camille is born weighing 3 pounds, 0 ounces. She's 15 1/2 inches long. She cries after about a minute. Since she was our little one, we didn't get to see her in the operating room. She was taken to the nursery right away.
12:00-2:00 we wait in the recovery room for the anesthesia to wear off so I can go to my real room for the night. When I can move my legs, we go by the NICU and see the girls and then to my room. Unfortunately, one of my pain meds (tordol) makes my vision do funny things so I can't see the girls very well.
2:00-3:00 we get settled in to the room and the nurse brings by a breast pump. I pump for the first time. I get pain meds.
3:30 time for bed. we sleep a few hours and are up by 5:30. What a crazy day. Our girls are finally here!
More updates to come...

Congrats again Brenda!! I can't wait to hear more.
ReplyDeleteI'm still so thrilled for you both and can't wait to meet the little ones in person! I hope you're recovering quickly and well and the pain from surgery is going away! Can't wait to hang with you FIVE soon!
ReplyDelete