Sunday, January 31, 2010
February Food Challenge
Okay, I'm gonna try something I saw on another triplet blog. It's called the 'eat from the pantry' challenge. The goal is to reduce the amount of money you spend on groceries for a month (and hopefully longer) and also eat up all the stuff burried in the bottom of the deep freezer and in the back of the pantry. I have to admit that I don't know how much we spend each month on groceries, so the goal is to eat what we have and to not spend much. I'm sure we'll need to buy milk, fruits and veggies, and probably baby food in addition to a few ingredients to make a certain meal here or there. We're gonna try to have Dan take leftovers for lunches, too. We'll keep track of all our spending and see how we do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I've gotten good at this. It's challenging and fun. Good luck! We have always kept a budget. It seems that we spend less on groceries during the winter, probably because it's too cold to go out. We're planning a huge garden this summer, so hopefully this year we'll spend less in the summer as well.
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea! we are going to finish off some of those hidden treasures in our pantry too.
ReplyDelete