Tuesday, June 14, 2011
6.14.11 ~ Click
You know that movie "Click" with Adam Sandler? I don't remember the details, but in a nutshell he's a business man, husband, and father to a few kids. One day, somehow he is given a magic remote control to control his life. He can pause moments, rewind, and fast forward through parts. Why in the world am I thinking of this? Well, I want a magic remote control to fast forward through some parts of our day/week/year. Of course, I'd use it to pause some of the fun times like giggles and sister hugs. I could rewind and redo scenes when I get upset or yell and instead show the girls grace and patience. But mostly I'd fast forward. Some days I'd fast forward to 6:20 pm when Dan gets home and we get to play and snuggle and read books with the girls and then put them to bed. I'd fast forward through the next few days until the cold that all the girls have has passed and they aren't so cranky anymore. I'd skip this phase of taking off all their clothes and diapers during naps and bedtime. I'd definitely fast forward through potty training. And all their tantrums. And puke. Sounds tempting, right? But then I think about how I'd miss out on the hugs and snuggles the girls need when they get hurt or the pride I'm gonna feel when I can proudly announce that I potty trained triplets. Maybe, like in the movie, if I had that remote control I'd end up regretting using it because I would have missed out on so many great times. Maybe. But at least I could still fast forward through puke and that might just make it all worthwhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment