Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Eat from the pantry challenge: week 4

It was last week of the challenge and we were still going strong. After a tough week with Dan being sick, I was happy to be cooking meals again. He's good about not complaining while he's sick, but he did have some funny dinner requests. We spent roughly $180 on food for the month. I'd say that's pretty good. And we still have lots of pasta, boxes of rice, meat, and other staples stocked up so we won't have to spend a fortune next month to restock the pantry.

Here was our menu for the last week:
Monday - creamy pasta with peas and italian sausage, asparagus
Tuesday - pizza, salad
Wednesday - homemade chicken nuggets and fries
Thursday - steak, salad, rice a roni
Friday - baked seafood cataplana pasta
Saturday - BBQ chicken, cauliflower, corn bread, salad (fun dinner with friends)
Sunday - hmmm, I can't remember... sad. it was only 2 days ago :)

We're going to try to do a similar challenge for the month of March, but I'm not going to be as strict about it and I'm not going to blog about it since, quite frankly, it's pretty boring :) At least I can say we did it and cut our food bill significantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment